Le Plessis-Robinson Guinguette
Guingettes were popular drinking establishments in the suburbs of Paris during 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries. They were places to eat, get merry, and dance, and perhaps none were more suited to such festivities than the Plessis-Robinson guinguette located in the southwestern suburb of the French capital.
Le Plessis-Robinson was established in 1848 and consisted of a suite of interconnected tree houses. It was named Le Grand Robinson after the tree house in the novel Swiss Family Robinson.
[Sources: Guingette | Le Plessis-Robinson | Images: 1/2/3/5 | 4]